Graduates of International Medical Schools
We welcome your interest in our program. The following information has been compiled in response to queries frequently received by our Training Office:
Yes we do accept and consider applications from graduates of International Medical Schools.
- We do not offer the H-1 visa. We do consider applicants who would require a J-1 visa. The J-1 visa is sponsored by ECFMG.
While we do not have a minimum USMLE score, applicants scoring below 80 on either Step 1 or Step 2, or who have more than 2 attempts to reach this level or pass the Clinical Skills component are unlikely to be successful candidates.
We do not have a "cut-off date" for years since graduation from medical school. We consider each application on an individual basis.
- Evidence of clear interest in the specialty of Psychiatry is expected, preferably via experience in the field.
- You would be expected to have ECFMG certification.
- Only applications through ERAS can be considered. Please do not email with (additional) requests for interviews or reconsideration.
- We do not offer observership.
- Due to limited resources we cannot at any time accommodate applicants who wish to visit our program unless they have been invited for an interview.