How to Apply
Applications will be accepted through the end of September. Interviews are scheduled through the end of November.
- Ideally, the candidate will have successfully completed three (or four) years of an ACGME accredited Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program.
- Although we prefer candidates to be U.S. citizens or green card holders, we will consider J-1 visa holders.
- We participate in the National Resident Matching Program for Child and Adolescent Fellowships. It is an early match which occurs in January.
- Our Resident Benefit Summary and a sample of our Resident Agreement can be found at: www.pennstatehershey.org/residency.
- Applications for the 2016-2017 academic year will be accepted via ERAS only
- Curriculum Vitae (current)
- Personal Statement
- Board Scores: USMLE 1, 2 is required, USMLE 3 if PGY 3 or above. COMPLEX scores for DO applicants.
- Valid ECFMG certificate (if IMG)
- Dean's Letter from Medical School
- Medical School Transcripts
- 3 Reference Letters (one letter must be from your current Training Director addressing professional integrity and performance. The two additional letters must be from faculty you have worked with)
- If you have been a resident in a training program already, a letter from your previous Program Director, documenting performance; professional integrity; length plus description of rotations you have/or will complete(d)
- Letter explaining time gaps if necessary
- Completed Attestations Form (upload into ERAS)
Complete applications submitted via ERAS are required for consideration. Please do not email application materials.