Welcome to Penn State Psychiatry Clinical Services
Penn State Hershey faculty members care for patients in a variety of locations and settings. We provide psychiatric consultation to patients in HMC's hospital and in a variety of outpatient settings, such as the Transplant Program, Women's Health, the Sleep Research and Treatment Center, and Hershey Medical Center's Physician Group. For a clinic appointment in Hershey, call 717-531-8338.
We also care for patients with our clinical partner, Pennsylvania Psychiatric Institute (PPI). At PPI we provide inpatient and outpatient psychiatric services for mature adults, adults, children and adolescents, including those with intellectual disabilities. Our faculty members provide services at PPI in 2 locations in Harrisburg. Information about specific PPI clinical programs can be found on their website (www.ppimhs.org). To make a referral or for questions, call the Admissions Department at 717-782-6493 or 1-866-746-2496.
Is your child struggling with paying attention or having issues with behavior?
Penn State Hershey Psychiatry offers an eight-week group counseling program for parents and their children who have issues with paying attention, following the rules, temper outbursts, or getting along with others.
To register, please call 717-531-6772 or email CareLine@hmc.psu.edu (subject: ADHD).
Children (ages 5 - 12) with attention or behavior issues and their parent(s).
Wednesday afternoons and evenings (eight week sessions) offered throughout the year.
Penn State Hershey Medical Group - Psychiatry
22 Northeast Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
(behind Tanger Outlet Center)
Standard co-pay charges may apply for parents; separate fees apply for optional children's sessions ($20 per session).
This group session is not appropriate for everyone; children with the following characteristics would not benefit from this program:
- High levels of physical aggression
- Those who are a serious threat to harm themselves or others
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Low cognitive abilities
For more information on more appropriate programs for these concerns, please call 717-531-6772.
- Meet Dr. Leslie Parent, Penn State Hershey’s new vice dean for research With a career in retrovirology research, a passion for education, and a 24-year history at Penn State Hershey, Dr. Leslie Parent brings a strong skillset to her new position as vice dean for research and graduate education.More...
- Penn State Hershey offering program to help children cope with cancer diagnoses Penn State Hershey Medical Center will host CLIMB -- Children's Lives Include Moments of Bravery -- a free program designed to help children cope when someone they love has cancer by encouraging discussion and creativity.More...
- Committee at College of Medicine seeks nominations for 2016 Woodward Lecturer The Woodward Endowment for Medical Science Education Steering Committee at Penn State College of Medicine is calling for nominations for the 2016 Woodward Lecturer.More...
- Eyster wins Physician of the Year award The National Hemophilia Foundation has named Penn State Hershey’s Dr. Elaine Eyster as Physician of the Year.More...