Tiffany L. Chan, M.D.
Class Year: PGY-4
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Albany Medical Center, 2014 Surgical Preliminary Year
Albany Medical College, 2013 Doctor of Medicine with Distinction in Bioethics
Cornell University, 2009 Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, Biological Sciences and English double major
Articles published in referenced journals
- Amin N.M., Lim S.-E., Shi H., Chan T.L., Liu J. “A Conserved Six-Eya Cassette Acts Downstream ofWnt Signaling to Direct Non-myogenic Versus Myogenic Fates in the C. elegans Postembryonic Mesoderm.” Developmental Biology. 2009;331(2), pp. 350-360. DOI: 10.1016/j.ydbio.2009.05.538
- Abraham C.R., Ata A., Carsello, C.B., Chan T.L., Stain S.C., Beyer T.D. A NSQIP Risk Assessment for Thyroid Surgery Based On Patient Co-Morbidity. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2014 Jun 218(6): 1231-7. DOI: 10.1016/j.jamcollsurg.2014.01.055
- Chetlen, A., Mack, J., Chan, T.L. “Breast Cancer Screening Controversies: What, When, Where, and How?” Clinical Imaging. 2015 Mar-Apr;40(2):279-92. DOI: 10.1016/j.clinimag.2015.05.017
- McGillen, K., Chan, T.L., McGillen, B. “Inversion of Excreted Intravenous Contrast-Fluid Levels in the Urinary Bladder on Computed Tomography.” Radiology Case Reports. 2016 Aug 6. DOI: 10.1016/j.radcr.2016.07.004
Peer-reviewed electronic-only publications
- Campo-Engelstein, L., Chan, T.L. How Gene Patents May Inhibit Scientific Research. 2015. Bioethiqueonline. 2015. http://bioethiqueonline.ca/4/3
- Chan, T.L., McGillen, K. “Inverted Fluid Levels in the Bladder.” American College of Radiology Case in Point. 2015. Accepted.
- Bradley, S., Chan, T.L., Campo-Engelstein, L. “Genetic Ethics.” Encyclopedia of Human Biology Reference Module in Biomedical Research. 2014. DOI: 10.1016/B978-0-12-801238-3.00174-4
Papers/abstracts presented at national professional meetings
- Choi C.S., Chen J.S., Chan T.L., Berg A.S., Stewart, D.B., Koltun, W.A. “Multifocal Diverticulitis: A Genetically Based Disease Requiring Extended Surgical Resection.” Presented by Dr. Choi at: 2016 Annual Scientific Meeting of American Society of Colon and Rectal Surgeons in Los Angeles, CA, April 30-May 4, 2016.
- Chan T.L., Bruno, M., Abendroth, T., Mosher, T. “Optimizing the Utilization of the Portable Chest Radiograph in the ICU setting: Baseline Assessment and Intervention Strategy.” Presented at: American College of Radiology Annual Conference on Quality and Improvement in Boston, MA, September 16-17, 2016.
- Chan, T.L., Chetlen, A., Zhu, J., Schetter, S.E. “Comparing Call Back Characteristics Between Digital Breast Tomosynthesis and 2D Mammography.” Presented at: Pennsylvania Radiological Society in Philadelphia, PA, September 16-17, 2016.
- Chan T.L., Amin N.M., Liu J. “Dissecting the Mechanisms of Striated Muscle Fate Specification in the C. elegans Postembryonic Mesoderm.” Presented at: Cornell University Howard Hughes Research Scholars Poster Session in Ithaca, NY, August 7, 2007.
- Chan T.L., Amin N.M., Liu J. “Using the Yeast Two-Hybrid System to Determine Possible Interactions Among Proteins Required for Postembryonic Mesodermal Development in C. elegans.” Presented at: Cornell University Biology Honors Poster Session in Ithaca, NY, May 5, 2009.
- Chan T.L. “In the Classroom and Out on the Floors: How a Shadowing Experience Brings First Year Alive.” Presented at: Albany Medical College Medical Student Investigation Day in Albany, NY, September 30, 2010.
- Chan T.L., Zhu, J., Schetter S.E. “Come Back Here! Comparing Call Back Characteristics Between Digital Breast Tomosynthesis and 2D Mammography.” Presented at: Penn State Hershey Medical Center Resident and Fellow Day in Hershey, PA, April 26, 2016.
- Chan, T.L., Burdette, A.S. “Computed Tomography Angiography for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement.” Presented at: Pennsylvania Radiological Society in Philadelphia, PA, September 16-17, 2016.
Media interested in contacting the above person should contact the Office of Marketing and Communications at 717-531-8606.