Welcome to Penn State Hershey Breast Center
Penn State Hershey Breast Center understands the anxiety associated with mammograms and breast health. But at Penn State Hershey, you have the added peace of mind knowing that you are surrounded by a dedicated team of caring radiologists and surgeons who specialize in breast health.
- Call 800-243-1455 today for an appointment
- Learn about Penn State Hershey Breast Center recommendations for annual screening mammograms >>
Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, the Breast Center is located in a comfortable and convenient setting, and offers patients a full-range of services, from fully digital mammography, breast ultrasounds, and MRI's to specialized surgical services.
Women: Here's to your Health to air on abc27 Thursday, October 23
Take time to take care of your health. abc27 is teaming up with Penn State Hershey Medical Center to discuss comprehensive women's health issues. Watch Women: Here's to Your Health on abc27 on Thursday, October 23 at 7:30 p.m. This show is for women of all ages featuring Penn State Hershey specialists and women from our community. Call and talk one-on-one with specialists on our panel during this live call-in show.
- Learn how a small device - similar to a heart pacemaker - relieved a Camp Hill woman's overactive bladder.
- Learn how surgery to remove excess bowel helped a Lancaster County woman return to the pool.
- Hear two breast cancer survivors talk about life after diagnosis, survivorship and everything in between.
- Meet Dr. Kristine Widders, Penn State Hershey's newest breast surgeon.
Click here to submit questions for our team and be sure to watch on Thursday, October 23 at 7:30 to hear the answers.
Ignoring your family history isn't worth the risk
Everyone has some risk of developing breast cancer. Learning your risk early may help prevent cancer from occurring or catch it when it is most treatable. Penn State Hershey Breast Center's high-risk assessment team provides a comprehensive screening and customized care plan for your level of risk based on your personal screening. Protect your health and the health of the women in your family.
Schedule an appointment today by calling 717-531-5867. Meet the team and learn how the Breast Center can help you decrease your risk.
Meet Our Newest Dedicated Breast Surgeon
Penn State Hershey Breast Center welcomes board-certified breast surgeon Dr. Kristine L. Widders to the team. Dr. Widders is seeing patients at our East Shore and West Shore locations. Dr. Widders comes to Penn State Hershey from Mercy Suburban Hospital, East Norriton, PA, where she served as the director of the breast program. Dr. Widders graduated from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine in East Lansing, MI. She completed her surgical internship and residency at Christiana Health Care System in Newark, DE and additional residency at the University of Delaware Center for Translational Cancer Research. Dr. Widders also completed a breast surgery fellowship at William Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, MI.
Understanding Preventive Mastectomies
Actress Angelina Jolie's announcement that she chose to undergo a preventive double mastectomy is shining light on the procedure as well as gene mutations that can indicate a high risk for breast cancer and ovarian cancer. In this video, Dr. Rena Kass, co-director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, talks about testing for those mutations and why some women choose to have preventive mastectomies.
West Shore Location
Penn State Hershey Breast Center provides breast health support, education, and coordination of services for women of all ages and their families. As a part of the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute and Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the Breast Center has seamless access to the world-class expertise, the latest national clinical trials, and the most advanced resources in the region.
Call today to schedule your first or next mammogram at our convenient West Shore location:
Now offering both screening and diagnostic mammography services on the West Shore (Additional locations in Harrisburg and Hershey; let us know if either of those locations better suit your schedule.)
Convenient 24-hour scheduling: 1-800-243-1455
American Cancer Society recommended Guidelines
Breast Center doctors recommend women follow American Cancer Society guidelines for annual mammography screening exams.
- Breast Center Leads Nation in Patient Satisfaction, click to learn more
- Penn State Hershey Breast Center Earns National Accreditation, click to learn more
- Hope and Courage - Penn State Hershey Breast Center physicians and patients discuss diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer
Partnership to provide free mammograms
One in seven women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime, but only 55 percent of Pennsylvania women receive annual mammograms as recommended over age 40. To help address one of the reasons why some women do not schedule annual mammograms the lack of insurance or ability to pay Penn State Hershey Breast Center and Weis Markets announced a new partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Health's Healthy Woman Program to provide mammograms to women in need. Click here to find out how you can receive a free mammogram.
T-Shirts are Here!
Penn State Hershey Breast Center is pleased to announce the release of their 2014 Shirts.
T-Shirts are $15 for Small - XXL and $18 - XXXL
Women's and men's long sleeve thermal t-shirts are $30 for sizes Small - XXXL
These items are available at the Breast Center (Hershey, Camp Hill and Nyes Road) for purchase. You can print the order form from our website, complete it, scan and email to Shanna Gillette at firstname.lastname@example.org(preferable). If you do not have scanning capabilities, simply email Shanna with your order.
Proceeds benefit patient and staff education and breast health awareness. We thank you for your support!
- The Medical Minute: Simple steps can lead to safe sleep for infants The number of infants who die each year from sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS) has decreased in recent decades as awareness of safe sleeping habits has increased. Yet each year, babies still die from sudden, unexplained causes.More...
- Tickets on sale for Children's Miracle Ball on Nov. 22 The 25th annual Miracle Ball will be held Saturday, Nov. 22, at the Hershey Lodge. The ball begins at 6 p.m. with a reception and silent auction followed by dinner, dancing and entertainment provided by Honey Pump.More...
- Tickets available for Neiman Marcus Fashion Show on Dec. 5 at Hotel Hershey Children's Miracle Network's annual Neiman Marcus Fashion Show returns Dec. 5 to the Hotel Hershey. This elegant runway show and luncheon benefits the children and families of Penn State Hershey Children's Hospital.More...
- Comics in illness the topic of the next First Fridays Lecture The Department of Humanities at Penn State College of Medicine will welcome Katie Green to the November First Fridays Lecture, “SHOW AND TELL: The Power of Comics in Illness,” at noon Nov. 7 in Room C2860.More...