Welcome to Penn State Hershey Breast Center
Penn State Hershey Breast Center understands the anxiety associated with mammograms and breast health. But at Penn State Hershey, you have the added peace of mind knowing that you are surrounded by a dedicated team of caring radiologists and surgeons who specialize in breast health.
- Call 800-243-1455 today for an appointment
- Learn about Penn State Hershey Breast Center recommendations for annual screening mammograms >>
Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, the Breast Center is located in a comfortable and convenient setting, and offers patients a full-range of services, from fully digital mammography, breast ultrasounds, and MRI's to specialized surgical services.
Palmyra Field Hockey "In The Pink" Game
The Palmyra Area Middle School field hockey team raised $2,000 for the Karen Dwyer Jones Fund at Penn State Hershey Medical Center for local breast cancer patients – an increase of $250 from last year. The girls and their parents had a bake sale; sold t-shirts, headbands, bracelets and pins; and had numerous raffle baskets among other things to raise the funds. This is the third year that the team has donated money to the Karen Dwyer Jones Fund. Raising awareness at this young age is critical, and they have a great beginning with many thanks to their coaches and parents. Thank you, girls, for a job well done both on the field and in your hearts.
Understanding Preventive Mastectomies
Actress Angelina Jolie's announcement that she chose to undergo a preventive double mastectomy is shining light on the procedure as well as gene mutations that can indicate a high risk for breast cancer and ovarian cancer. In this video, Dr. Rena Kass, co-director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, talks about testing for those mutations and why some women choose to have preventive mastectomies.
West Shore Location
Penn State Hershey Breast Center provides breast health support, education, and coordination of services for women of all ages and their families. As a part of the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute and Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the Breast Center has seamless access to the world-class expertise, the latest national clinical trials, and the most advanced resources in the region.
Call today to schedule your first or next mammogram at our convenient West Shore location:
Now offering both screening and diagnostic mammography services on the West Shore (Additional locations in Harrisburg and Hershey; let us know if either of those locations better suit your schedule.)
Convenient 24-hour scheduling: 1-800-243-1455
American Cancer Society recommended Guidelines
Breast Center doctors recommend women follow American Cancer Society guidelines for annual mammography screening exams.
- Breast Center Leads Nation in Patient Satisfaction, click to learn more
- Penn State Hershey Breast Center Earns National Accreditation, click to learn more
- Hope and Courage - Penn State Hershey Breast Center physicians and patients discuss diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer
Partnership to provide free mammograms
One in seven women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime, but only 55 percent of Pennsylvania women receive annual mammograms as recommended over age 40. To help address one of the reasons why some women do not schedule annual mammograms the lack of insurance or ability to pay Penn State Hershey Breast Center and Weis Markets announced a new partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Health's Healthy Woman Program to provide mammograms to women in need. Click here to find out how you can receive a free mammogram.
T-Shirts and Hoodies are Here!
Penn State Hershey Breast Center is pleased to release their 2013 T-Shirts and Hoodies.
T-Shirts are $15 for Small-XXL and $20 for XXXL
Hoodies are $30 for sizes Small - XXXL
These items are available at the Breast Center (Hershey, Camp Hill and Nyes Road) for purchase or you can call Devon Parker at 717-531-6721 for payment and delivery options.
You can also place orders via the order form.
Proceeds benefit patient and staff education and breast health awareness. We thank you for your support!
- Hershey Community Garden vies for grant in online competition The Hershey Community Garden is a nominee for a grant from Seeds of Change, an organic seed company. In order to win a grant, the Community Garden needs the help of the entire Penn State Hershey community to vote. Click on this link to vote: http://www.seedsofchangegrant.com/TheGallery.aspxMore...
- Special lighting of the Crescent building recognizes upcoming occasions As part of an ongoing effort to reduce energy usage and operate in a more cost efficient and environmentally friendly manner, Penn State Hershey installed an LED lighting system to illuminate its signature Crescent building, replacing the original and less efficient facade lighting. This week, the building is lit in blue in honor of National Child Abuse Awareness Month.More...
- Presentation to explore the world of modern day slavery Penn State Hershey will host a presentation by advocacy group Women at Risk Int’l titled “Modern Day Slavery: Trafficking & Exploitation of Vulnerable Women” at noon April 23 in Lecture Room C.More...
- Pinwheel garden set up in recognition of Child Abuse Prevention Month April is National Child Abuse Prevention Month, a time to recognize that everyone can play a part in promoting the social and emotional well-being of children and families in the community. Over the last week, new decorations have popped up on the lawn of Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...