Welcome to Penn State Hershey Breast Center
Penn State Hershey Breast Center understands the anxiety associated with mammograms and breast health. But at Penn State Hershey, you have the added peace of mind knowing that you are surrounded by a dedicated team of caring radiologists and surgeons who specialize in breast health.
- Call 800-243-1455 today for an appointment
- Learn about Penn State Hershey Breast Center recommendations for annual screening mammograms >>
Designated a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence, the Breast Center is located in a comfortable and convenient setting, and offers patients a full-range of services, from fully digital mammography, breast ultrasounds, and MRI's to specialized surgical services.
Ignoring your family history isn't worth the risk
Everyone has some risk of developing breast cancer. Learning your risk early may help prevent cancer from occurring or catch it when it is most treatable. Penn State Hershey Breast Center's high-risk assessment team provides a comprehensive screening and customized care plan for your level of risk based on your personal screening. Protect your health and the health of the women in your family.
Schedule an appointment today by calling 717-531-5867. Meet the team and learn how the Breast Center can help you decrease your risk.
Understanding Preventive Mastectomies
Actress Angelina Jolie's announcement that she chose to undergo a preventive double mastectomy is shining light on the procedure as well as gene mutations that can indicate a high risk for breast cancer and ovarian cancer. In this video, Dr. Rena Kass, co-director of Penn State Hershey Breast Center, talks about testing for those mutations and why some women choose to have preventive mastectomies.
West Shore Location
Penn State Hershey Breast Center provides breast health support, education, and coordination of services for women of all ages and their families. As a part of the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute and Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, the Breast Center has seamless access to the world-class expertise, the latest national clinical trials, and the most advanced resources in the region.
Call today to schedule your first or next mammogram at our convenient West Shore location:
Now offering both screening and diagnostic mammography services on the West Shore (Additional locations in Harrisburg and Hershey; let us know if either of those locations better suit your schedule.)
Convenient 24-hour scheduling: 1-800-243-1455
American Cancer Society recommended Guidelines
Breast Center doctors recommend women follow American Cancer Society guidelines for annual mammography screening exams.
- Breast Center Leads Nation in Patient Satisfaction, click to learn more
- Penn State Hershey Breast Center Earns National Accreditation, click to learn more
- Hope and Courage - Penn State Hershey Breast Center physicians and patients discuss diagnosis and treatment of breast cancer
Partnership to provide free mammograms
One in seven women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime, but only 55 percent of Pennsylvania women receive annual mammograms as recommended over age 40. To help address one of the reasons why some women do not schedule annual mammograms the lack of insurance or ability to pay Penn State Hershey Breast Center and Weis Markets announced a new partnership with the Pennsylvania Department of Health's Healthy Woman Program to provide mammograms to women in need. Click here to find out how you can receive a free mammogram.
T-Shirts are Here!
Penn State Hershey Breast Center is pleased to announce the release of their 2014 Shirts.
T-Shirts are $15 for Small - XXL and $18 - XXXL
Women's and men's long sleeve thermal t-shirts are $30 for sizes Small - XXXL
These items are available at the Breast Center (Hershey, Camp Hill and Nyes Road) for purchase. You can print the order form from our website, complete it, scan and email to Shanna Gillette at firstname.lastname@example.org(preferable). If you do not have scanning capabilities, simply email Shanna with your order.
Proceeds benefit patient and staff education and breast health awareness. We thank you for your support!
- Man walking across the U.S. for THON and Four Diamonds visits Penn State Hershey A Penn State alumnus who has been walking across the United States to raise money for the fight against childhood cancer made a stop in Hershey. Along his journey of more than 3,000 miles, Norman Horn has held awareness and fundraising activities to raise money for the Penn State Dance Marathon, or THON, to benefit Four Diamonds at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...
- New clinic addresses medical and mental health needs of maltreated children A new clinic in Harrisburg will serve as the medical home for children in out-of-home care, providing primary care as well as evidence-based mental and behavioral health services. A dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony was held this morning (Sept. 30) to celebrate the opening of the James M. and Margaret V. Stine Foundation TLC Clinic, a service of the Penn State Hershey Center for the Protection of Children.More...
- The symbol of our best: The Nittany Lion bonds all Penn Staters For the few students across Penn State's campuses who have had the privilege of donning the suit, being the Nittany Lion mascot means far more than leading cheers — it means leading a family.More...
- 2014 Eye School seminar set for Nov. 8 at Penn State Hershey The Penn State Hershey Eye Center presents Eye School 2014, a free community education event that introduces people of all ages to anatomy, diseases and surgery of the eye. The event will take place from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 8, at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Hershey campus.More...