Family & Community Medicine Residency Program - How to Apply
The residency program utilizes the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) and Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) for applicant selection.
Interested applicants must apply through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). In addition to the Penn State Hershey Graduate Medical Education Eligibility and Selection of Residents Policy, individuals must have:
- Graduated from medical school within the last 5 years
- Passed Step 1 and 2 of the United States Medical Licensure Examination (USMLE) with at least a score of 210 with no more than 1 failed attempt
- Three (3) letters of recommendation, including at least one from a family physician
Non U.S. Graduates:
- Minimum of three months clinical training in the U.S. or Canada, or clinical experience elsewhere which clearly demonstrates an understanding and interest in primary care and Family Medicine in particular
- The program sponsors only J-1 visas
Applications are reviewed via ERAS beginning in September. Interviews are by invitation only and are scheduled October through January. The program is happy to pay for one-night of hotel accommodations at a local hotel, although interviewees are responsible for providing their own transportation to State College.
Eligible applicants will be selected on the basis of medical school performance, preparedness, ability, communication skills, motivation and integrity.
For more information, questions and/or comments, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.