- Required core rotation
- 8 weeks in length
- Build upon previous basic science knowledge and provide a broad exposure to the content and practice of Internal Medicine
- Four-week inpatient medicine rotation as part of Penn State Hershey Hospitalist team at Mount Nittany Medical Center
- Four-week specialty rotation at Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Immersion in acute inpatient medicine
- Become part of a highly functioning inpatient hospitalist team with direct, one-on-one interaction with attending physicians
- Understand the multidisciplinary approach to inpatient medical care
- Understand inpatient experience from the patient perspective by accompanying assigned patients to various testing and treatment modalities
- Exposure to procedures performed by primary team and various sub-specialties at Mount Nittany Medical Center and Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Practice and master the art of bedside presentation
- Participate in a series of teaching conferences via distance learning and live at Mount Nittany Medical Center
Meet our Faculty
- Thomas Covaleski, M.D., clerkship site director
- Robert Coll, M.D.
- Hy DePamphilis, M.D.
- Alice McCullough, M.D.
- Karen Paczkowski, M.D.
- Ryan Ridenour, D.O.
- Madhavi Singh, M.D.
- Jessica Stevens, D.O.
- Ben Steward, PA-C
- Heidi Averill, PA-C
Sara Dungan, PA-C