- Required core rotation
- 6 weeks in length
- Basics of both Obstetrics and Gynecology in partnership with Mount Nittany Health System and Physician Group at Park Avenue
- Approach to and critical components of OB/GYN history taking
- Physiologic changes of pregnancy, and its relationships with other medical disorders
- Principles of antepartum care
- Principles of intrapartum management
- Physiologic ovulatory cycle, and how it is evaluated and therapeutically manipulated
- Common gynecologic disorders
- Pelvic anatomy as illustrated in the operating room
- Perform an OB/GYN history and physical
- Perform a complete pelvic exam observed by faculty
- Observe and participate in pelvic surgery
- Perform phlebotomies, IV insertions, catheter insertions, pelvic exams, wet preps
Meet our Faculty
- Angela Hardyk, M.D., clerkship site director (email)
- Melanie Cherry, M.D.
- J. Frederick Doucette, M.D.
- Theodore Hovick, M.D.
- John O'Shea, M.D.
- Shreya Patel, M.D.
- Elizabeth Raquet, M.D.
- Laura Lee Stephenson, M.D.