Family Medicine Residency Program - Overview
The Penn State Hershey Family Medicine Residency Program at Mount Nittany Medical Center's goal is to prepare family physicians to practice effectively and thoughtfully by maintaining excellence in education and training in a specialty that is concerned with the total health care of the individual and of the family. The program provides a complete, sensitive, and compassionate training opportunity for family physicians.
The Program is a three year training program with innovative curriculum and creative forward thinking. Residents benefit from unique resources from Penn State University, Penn State Hershey Medical Center, Mount Nittany Health, and other great area venues. Currently the program admits six residents per academic year.
- 3 year program
- 6/6/6 resident slots
- Become part of the distinguished Penn State family
- Unique resources from:
- University Park Regional Campus of Penn State College of Medicine
- Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
- Penn State University
- Mount Nittany Health
- Various educational opportunities in rural medicine, sports medicine, orthopedics, and obstetrics
- Fellowship opportunities in Sports Medicine in State College or Hershey