Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation offers comprehensive care for adults and children. The physicians diagnose and treat pain, and restore function that has been lost through injury, illness, or other disabling conditions.
Why Choose Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehab?
Penn State Hershey offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient rehab services. The focus is on providing high-quality care to people of all ages, with all types of health conditions. Some of the features the department is known for include:
- Complete rehab care: Penn State Hershey offers the most comprehensive rehab services in central Pennsylvania, especially for intensive/acute care and transitional care to home or a nursing facility.
- Accreditations and recognitions: The Joint Commission and CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) have both recognized Penn State Hershey's rehab program as a CIIRP for both adult and pediatric care (Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program).
- Highly specialized team: The team includes trained specialists who work together to deliver comprehensive care. It includes board-certified physicians and specialists, as well as nurses and therapists with advanced rehab training.
- Research: Penn State Hershey research studies bring new treatments and therapies to patients and enhance their recovery.
Rehab Programs at Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehab
The physicians and other health care professionals who specialize in rehab provide expert care for patients in the following areas:
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with a physician or other rehab professional, call or visit the website:
- Call 1-800-243-1455 or 717-531-7010 to speak with an Information and Referral Specialist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Visit the Find a Physician service to find contact information for physicians, and call directly.
- Association recognizes research of laboratory animal medicine residents The work of three residents in the Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Program at Penn State College of Medicine has been recognized at professional meetings.More...
- Independence Day celebration set for July 4 on Penn State Hershey campus Again this year, Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center will present An American Salute, an Independence Day performance by the Hershey Symphony Orchestra on the front lawn of the main hospital complex. This event typically attracts thousands of people.More...
- The Medical Minute: Poison ivy affects some people more than others Three-quarters of the population will get an itchy red rash if exposed to the urushiol oil inside poison ivy’s leaves, stem and roots -- but one-quarter of people will not have any reaction to exposure.More...
- Next attorney office hours at Penn State Hershey set for July 9 Researchers are invited to attend office hours on Thursday, July 9 with Penn State’s intellectual property attorney, Michael Brignati. Brignati is on the Penn State Hershey campus the second Thursday of each monthMore...