Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation offers comprehensive care for adults and children. The physicians diagnose and treat pain, and restore function that has been lost through injury, illness, or other disabling conditions.
Why Choose Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehab?
Penn State Hershey offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient rehab services. The focus is on providing high-quality care to people of all ages, with all types of health conditions. Some of the features the department is known for include:
- Complete rehab care: Penn State Hershey offers the most comprehensive rehab services in central Pennsylvania, especially for intensive/acute care and transitional care to home or a nursing facility.
- Accreditations and recognitions: The Joint Commission and CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) have both recognized Penn State Hershey's rehab program as a CIIRP for both adult and pediatric care (Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program).
- Highly specialized team: The team includes trained specialists who work together to deliver comprehensive care. It includes board-certified physicians and specialists, as well as nurses and therapists with advanced rehab training.
- Research: Penn State Hershey research studies bring new treatments and therapies to patients and enhance their recovery.
Rehab Programs at Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehab
The physicians and other health care professionals who specialize in rehab provide expert care for patients in the following areas:
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with a physician or other rehab professional, call or visit the website:
- Call 1-800-243-1455 or 717-531-7010 to speak with an Information and Referral Specialist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Visit the Find a Physician service to find contact information for physicians, and call directly.
- Penn State Health honey entered into Farm Show contest This year -- for the first time -- Penn State Health entered its own honey in the annual Pennsylvania State Farm Show apiary contest.More...
- Nurses provide flu shots at the Farm Show Penn State Health partnered with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to supply 2,500 doses of the flu shot for Farm Show week.More...
- Seed grants available for faculty to develop Integrative Studies Gen Ed courses The Penn State Office for General Education is pleased to announce an opportunity for faculty interested in developing a new Integrative Studies General Education course.More...
- The Medical Minute: Despite low profile, Zika remains a high concern Even though the Zika virus hasn’t been in the news as much lately, it remains a serious public health concern.More...