Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation offers comprehensive care for adults and children. The physicians diagnose and treat pain, and restore function that has been lost through injury, illness, or other disabling conditions.
Why Choose Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehab?
Penn State Hershey offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient rehab services. The focus is on providing high-quality care to people of all ages, with all types of health conditions. Some of the features the department is known for include:
- Complete rehab care: Penn State Hershey offers the most comprehensive rehab services in central Pennsylvania, especially for intensive/acute care and transitional care to home or a nursing facility.
- Accreditations and recognitions: The Joint Commission and CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) have both recognized Penn State Hershey's rehab program as a CIIRP for both adult and pediatric care (Comprehensive Integrated Inpatient Rehabilitation Program).
- Highly specialized team: The team includes trained specialists who work together to deliver comprehensive care. It includes board-certified physicians and specialists, as well as nurses and therapists with advanced rehab training.
- Research: Penn State Hershey research studies bring new treatments and therapies to patients and enhance their recovery.
Rehab Programs at Penn State Hershey Physical Medicine and Rehab
The physicians and other health care professionals who specialize in rehab provide expert care for patients in the following areas:
Make an Appointment
To make an appointment with a physician or other rehab professional, call or visit the website:
- Call 1-800-243-1455 or 717-531-7010 to speak with an Information and Referral Specialist 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Visit the Find a Physician service to find contact information for physicians, and call directly.
- Breast Center and Child Life Program benefit from fundraising efforts Two recent events raised a combined total of nearly $16,000 for entities at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Medical Center upgrades to newest technology in stereotactic radiosurgery The team at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has upgraded to the newest technology in cranial radiosurgery, enhancing its abilities to target brain tumors and functional disorders.More...
- Pa. health secretary launches flu vaccination campaign at Hershey Medical Center Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center is partnering with the Pennsylvania Department of Health to launch the 2016 “Stopping the Flu Starts with You” campaign.More...
- Medical Center reaccredited as Level I pediatric trauma center Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center has been reaccredited as a Level I pediatric trauma center – the highest level of certification.More...