The mission of Research Development is to strengthen and further develop sponsored research, research training, and research career development programs on the Hershey Medical Center campus. Toward this end, we provide information regarding the availability of funding and other research resources to investigators in the College of Medicine. We also help identify research mentors and collaborators and we provide advice and assistance to investigators in the development of sponsored research proposals. More specifically, our services include the following:
- Distribute information on research funding opportunities
- Identify potential collaborators and research mentors
- Penn State Profiles- Profiles provides on-line access to the publications and research interests of Penn State investigators working in the Life Sciences.
- Find a Penn State Specialist provides on-line access to the medical expertise of physicians and other health care professionals at Hershey Medical Center.
- Provide information, advice and assistance regarding grantsmanship and research funding strategies
- Facilitate collaborative proposals for special interdisciplinary projects in conjunction with Research Concierge Services
- Advise investigators regarding eligibility issues, responsiveness to program guidelines, grantsmanship, reviewer's comments, etc.
- Coordinate Limited Submission nominations from the College of Medicine
- Administer College of Medicine Feasibility Grant Review Process
In addition, we work closely with other units in the Office of the Vice Dean for Research and Graduate Studies, College of Medicine and the Office of the Senior Vice President for Research, Penn State University to help further strengthen the environment for biomedical and behavioral research throughout the University. If you need advice or assistance related to sponsored research or research training activities in the College of Medicine, please contact us and we will do our best to help you or find someone who can!