New Residents and Fellows
Greetings Incoming Trainees - August Start Date!
The onboarding process is managed online through our training program management software, New Innovations. Upon our receipt of your signed Resident Agreement, you will receive an email from our office with login information and directions for completing this process. IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE THIS INFORMATION, PLEASE ALERT US.
- Detailed onboarding information can be found here.
- Information for your spouse or significant other is also available on the Partners In Medicine website.
- Pictures for the Resident Photo Roster and ID badges will be taken on Friday, July 31, 2015.
The GME office would like to personally extend a warm welcome to you. We believe you will find Penn State Hershey to be a rewarding place to spend your residency/fellowship years.
- Employment Stations & Hospital Orientation - Friday, July 31, 2015, Room C1830
All incoming housestaff are required to attend Employment Stations and Hospital Orientation. **Note: This schedule is for GME activities. You may have additional departmental orientation requirements.
All incoming housestaff are REQUIRED to bring the following to orientation:
Penn State Hershey is required by the Department of Justice to review your identification within the first three (3) days of employment. Acceptable ID is listed on the I-9 form. Commonly used forms of ID are:
- US Passport or
- Driver's license AND social security card or
- Driver's license AND birth certificate
- If you are not a citizen of the United States, PLEASE DO NOT APPLY FOR A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER until meeting with Karen Saunders (firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-531-5611) in the Human Resource Office when you arrive in Hershey.
- Voided check for mandatory direct deposit.
- Name of borough/township and school district of your Pennsylvania address
Parking: Centerview Parking Garage located on the East side of the campus.
Directions: Enter the hospital using the Main Hospital Entrance. Proceed to the Nittany Lion in the Rotunda. A representative from the GME Office will be there to escort you to C1830.
If you have any questions regarding Orientation, please contact Colleen Nicholas at 717-531-1368.