Penn State Hershey Medical Group in State College includes Penn State Hershey primary care physicians and specialists who utilize an electronic medical record system, extending the expertise and exceptional quality care of Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center closer to home for many patients in Centre County.
In addition to primary care with convenient walk-in service and specialty care, we also offer a full range of laboratory services with walk-in hours available Monday through Friday.
All Penn State Hershey Medical Group sites in State College are part of the University Park Regional Campus of Penn State College of Medicine.
Register for the Happy Camper 5K
Sign up for this year's Happy Camper 5K:
- Saturday, August 27, 2016
- Centre County Grange Fairgrounds
- First step? Register online today >>
Join Left Right Repeat and Penn State Health for a family friendly fun run around the fairgrounds. The 2nd Annual Happy Camper 5K is open to all ages, so grab your running shoes for this warm weather run and help raise money for 2 great organizations. Stay and enjoy the Grange Fair activities. Proceeds to be donated to 2 local charities:
- Pets Come First
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society local group Teams in Training headed by Dawn Lorenz
Penn State Hershey Medical Group walk-in service in State College is designed to help the community when they cannot get to their primary care physicians. Our medical team at Park Avenue treats minor illnesses, colds and flu, as well as sinus and ear infections. No appointment necessary!
Our walk-in service does not replace regular visits to your provider. Patients are highly encouraged to enroll with a primary care provider for their health needs. Contact one of our State College locations for more information about transferring your care to a Penn State Hershey provider.
All walk-in services are available exclusively at Penn State Hershey Medical Group - Park Avenue.
Penn State Health practice sites will be closed Monday, July 4, 2016 for the Independence Day holiday. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 11:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Lab Hours: Monday thru Friday: 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Penn State Hershey Medical Group in State College now offers patients a convenient and secure website to help manage your health. My Penn State Hershey Health lets you connect with your care providers, manage upcoming appointments, check test results as they become available, and view personal health information. Learn more >>
Learn more about each of our State College locations, including maps, phone numbers and services provided.
- Changes to Medical Center’s financial assistance policy to take effect July 1 On July 1, new Internal Revenue Service regulations regarding financial assistance will take effect, changing the requirements not-for-profit hospitals and health systems must meet to keep their tax-exempt status. The revised regulations are part of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act and will be implemented at Penn State Health Milton S. Hershey Medical Center.More...
- The Medical Minute: Seeking early treatment key to beating testicular cancer When women feel a lump in their breast, they usually seek medical attention within a few weeks. Yet men who notice something abnormal in a testicle typically don't see a doctor for two to three months.More...
- Educating parents on healthy infant sleep habits may help prevent obesity Teaching parents bedtime techniques to encourage healthy sleep habits in their infants may help prevent obesity, according to Penn State College of Medicine researchers. Strong links exist between inadequate sleep and childhood obesity.More...
- Gomez and Hafenstein awarded collaborative grant to study virus structures Esther Gomez, assistant professor of chemical engineering and biomedical engineering in Penn State’s College of Engineering, and Susan Hafenstein, associate professor of medicine and microbiology and immunology in Penn State’s College of Medicine, have been awarded one of two Grace Woodward Grants for Collaborative Research in Engineering and Medicine for the 2016-17 project period.More...