Welcome to Penn State Hershey Stroke Center
Stroke is a medical emergency. New treatments and interventions are now available that may reverse or reduce the effects of a stroke if administered early enough. The Penn State Hershey Stroke Center team is readily available to evaluate and treat patients during a stroke emergency. The latest catheter-delivered, clot-busting treatments – including the Solitaire FR Device – are also available around-the-clock.
If you think you are experiencing a stroke, call 911.
Caring for A Stroke Patient
Primary Stroke Center vs. Comprehensive Stroke Center
Have you ever wondered the difference between a Primary Stroke Center and a Comprehensive Stroke Center? Learn more about Penn State Hershey Stroke Center—one of only a few Comprehensive Stroke Centers in Pennsylvania.
- Hole in heart wall likely stroke factor for Penguins' Kris Letang
- Penn State Hershey recognized for quality care for heart failure and stroke patients
- Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
- Stroke survivor Nicki Overholt fights back
- A variety of therapies are used to help stroke victims recover
- A good recovery is possible after a heart attack or stroke, but much depends on quick treatment
Penumbra Quarterly – Stroke Provider Newsletter
Morrison receives Distinguished Achievement Award from AHA
Kathy Morrison, stroke program manager at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, has been presented with the American Heart Association, Great Rivers Affiliate 2014 Distinguished Achievement Award. More >>
Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
Penn State Hershey Stroke Center has earned a designation that recognizes the high level of care it offers for patients with the most severe and challenging types of strokes. More >>
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships, and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patient safety, and physician and nursing excellence.
- Hershey's Hillemeier discusses year of continued clinical growth, innovation Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center continued a trend of strong financial performance, with a fiscal year highlighted by clinical growth and innovative approaches to education, research and patient care challenges spurred by a health care industry undergoing rapid transformation.More...
- Conquer Run on Oct. 4 to benefit Four Diamonds On Saturday, Oct. 4, The Hershey Company will present the Conquer Run, which will bring together runners, walkers and volunteers for a 5K adventure through Hersheypark. Check-in opens at 6:30 a.m. Runners will start at 7:30 a.m. and walkers will begin at 8 a.m. All ages and skill levels are welcome. This event benefits Four Diamonds at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital.More...
- Learn how to juggle work and home life from author of 'Overwhelmed' The stress of life can be overwhelming, but a best-selling book tackles the largest causes of stress and how to find time for the important things. Penn State Hershey employees and students can hear from and meet the author during a special event on Sept. 30.More...
- Biotechnology company founder/CEO to serve as Entrepreneur-in-Residence Penn State Hershey recently welcomed Charles D. Smith, founder and CEO of Apogee Biotechnology Corporation, to its Entrepreneur-in-Residence Program, a service of Penn State College of Medicine’s Office of Technology Development. In this role, Smith will offer entrepreneurial mentoring to faculty, staff and students.More...