Welcome to Penn State Hershey Stroke Center
Stroke is a medical emergency. New treatments and interventions are now available that may reverse or reduce the effects of a stroke if administered early enough. The Penn State Hershey Stroke Center team is readily available to evaluate and treat patients during a stroke emergency. The latest catheter-delivered, clot-busting treatments – including the Solitaire FR Device – are also available around-the-clock.
If you think you are experiencing a stroke, call 911.
Caring for A Stroke Patient
Primary Stroke Center vs. Comprehensive Stroke Center
Have you ever wondered the difference between a Primary Stroke Center and a Comprehensive Stroke Center? Learn more about Penn State Hershey Stoke Center—one of only a few Comprehensive Stroke Centers in Pennsylvania.
- Hole in heart wall likely stroke factor for Penguins' Kris Letang
- Penn State Hershey recognized for quality care for heart failure and stroke patients
- Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
- Stroke survivor Nicki Overholt fights back
- A variety of therapies are used to help stroke victims recover
- A good recovery is possible after a heart attack or stroke, but much depends on quick treatment
Penumbra Quarterly – Stroke Provider Newsletter
Morrison receives Distinguished Achievement Award from AHA
Kathy Morrison, stroke program manager at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, has been presented with the American Heart Association, Great Rivers Affiliate 2014 Distinguished Achievement Award. More >>
Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
Penn State Hershey Stroke Center has earned a designation that recognizes the high level of care it offers for patients with the most severe and challenging types of strokes. More >>
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships, and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patient safety, and physician and nursing excellence.
- Tobacco Intervention Program at Penn State Hershey Penn State Hershey Medical Center’s Tobacco Intervention Program, or TIP, support group meets from 6:30 to 8 p.m. every Monday evening at the University Conference Center on the Penn State Hershey campus. The free group sessions guide participants from decision-making to quitting through relapse prevention. Interested individuals should call 1-800-243-1455 to register and for directions.More...
- Program to fund physician scientists at Penn State Hershey Penn State Hershey is launching the Physician-Scientist Recruitment Initiative to address the decreasing number of clinicians conducting biomedical research. Physicians bring a unique perspective to scientific questions on public health because of their experience with patients.More...
- Miracle Marathon to benefit CMN at Penn State Hershey The Miracle Marathon, a wellness challenge to benefit Children’s Miracle Network at Penn State Hershey Children’s Hospital, will take place from September 16 to October 12.More...
- Nominations being accepted for 2015 Woodward Lecturer The Woodward Endowment for Medical Science Education Steering Committee at Penn State Hershey is calling for nominations for the 2015 Woodward Lecturer, who will present the keynote address during the EdVenture Education Celebration next spring.More...