Welcome to Penn State Hershey Stroke Center
Stroke is a medical emergency. New treatments and interventions are now available that may reverse or reduce the effects of a stroke if administered early enough. The Penn State Hershey Stroke Center team is readily available to evaluate and treat patients during a stroke emergency. The latest catheter-delivered, clot-busting treatments – including the Solitaire FR Device – are also available around-the-clock.
If you think you are experiencing a stroke, call 911.
Caring for A Stroke Patient
Penn State Hershey's TeleStroke Program - LionNet
Having some of the leading stroke specialists in the country, PSHMC saw the opportunity to create a comprehensive telemedicine program that could reduce transfer rates from rural hospitals and help get time-critical treatments to stroke patients faster. Learn more >>
Penumbra Quarterly – Stroke Provider Newsletter
- Hole in heart wall likely stroke factor for Penguins' Kris Letang
- Penn State Hershey recognized for quality care for heart failure and stroke patients
- Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
- Stroke survivor Nicki Overholt fights back
- A variety of therapies are used to help stroke victims recover
- A good recovery is possible after a heart attack or stroke, but much depends on quick treatment
Morrison receives Distinguished Achievement Award from AHA
Kathy Morrison, stroke program manager at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, has been presented with the American Heart Association, Great Rivers Affiliate 2014 Distinguished Achievement Award. More >>
Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
Penn State Hershey Stroke Center has earned a designation that recognizes the high level of care it offers for patients with the most severe and challenging types of strokes. More >>
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships, and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patient safety, and physician and nursing excellence.
- Penn State Health St. Joseph to celebrate Penn State affiliation with tailgate Penn State Health St. Joseph will celebrate its affiliation with Penn State with a tailgate Oct. 17 at its Bern Township campus. The event will feature free flu shots, the Nittany Lion mascot, games, music, and Berkey Creamery ice cream.More...
- Penn State Berks practical nursing program partners with Penn State Health For the first time, Penn State Berks and Penn State Health St. Joseph are partnering to provide practical nursing students with hands-on patient experience.More...
- The Medical Minute: The trick to finding allergy-safe Halloween treats Hershey bars, Snickers and Reese’s may be trick-or-treat night staples, but for children who have food allergies, these type of treats can be dangerous.More...
- Penn State Hershey has solid foundation for improving diagnosis While national attention is being drawn to the issue of inaccurate or delayed medical diagnoses, Penn State Hershey has been actively addressing issues that can lead to diagnostic errors with programs from medical education through to the clinic.More...