Welcome to Penn State Hershey Stroke Center
Stroke is a medical emergency. New treatments and interventions are now available that may reverse or reduce the effects of a stroke if administered early enough. The Penn State Hershey Stroke Center team is readily available to evaluate and treat patients during a stroke emergency. The latest catheter-delivered, clot-busting treatments – including the Solitaire FR Device – are also available around-the-clock.
If you think you are experiencing a stroke, call 911.
Caring for A Stroke Patient
Penn State Hershey's TeleStroke Program - LionNet
Having some of the leading stroke specialists in the country, PSHMC saw the opportunity to create a comprehensive telemedicine program that could reduce transfer rates from rural hospitals and help get time-critical treatments to stroke patients faster. Learn more >>
- Hole in heart wall likely stroke factor for Penguins' Kris Letang
- Penn State Hershey recognized for quality care for heart failure and stroke patients
- Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
- Stroke survivor Nicki Overholt fights back
- A variety of therapies are used to help stroke victims recover
- A good recovery is possible after a heart attack or stroke, but much depends on quick treatment
Penumbra Quarterly – Stroke Provider Newsletter
Morrison receives Distinguished Achievement Award from AHA
Kathy Morrison, stroke program manager at Penn State Hershey Medical Center, has been presented with the American Heart Association, Great Rivers Affiliate 2014 Distinguished Achievement Award. More >>
Penn State Hershey named a comprehensive stroke center
Penn State Hershey Stroke Center has earned a designation that recognizes the high level of care it offers for patients with the most severe and challenging types of strokes. More >>
As one of the premier academic medical centers in the northeast, Penn State Hershey Medical Center is committed to a bold new vision of health care, and to the people, partnerships, and progressive technologies that bring this vision to life.
But don't take our word for it - our leadership in providing the finest state-of-the-art care for our patients has been widely recognized in numerous national and regional rankings for quality, patient safety, and physician and nursing excellence.
- Hershey Bears make holiday visit to Children’s Hospital The Hershey Bears traded in their hockey sticks for markers, glue and other craft supplies in a visit to brighten the holidays for some of their youngest fans.More...
- The Medical Minute: Full health effects of ‘vaping’ still unknown Cigarettes have been convicted of many crimes over the years. But the jury's still out on whether their younger, more fashionable cousins -- electronic cigarettes, or e-cigarettes -- will meet the same fate.More...
- The Medical Minute: Many different factors can trigger holiday depression While the holidays are a time of merriment and festivities for many, some people struggle with depression during this time of year. Dr. Erika Saunders, interim chair of psychiatry at Penn State Hershey, says there are some distinct warning signs to watch for.More...
- Cosmetic Surgery Center moves to 30 Hope Drive The Penn State Hershey Cosmetic Surgery Center will move to 30 Hope Drive, Suite 1800 (Entrance A) on Dec. 19. It will share space with the Penn State Hershey Breast Center.More...