Department of Surgery Education
Committed to developing future leaders in surgery, the faculty within the Department of Surgery promote a broad spectrum of educational programs that support the development and training of students, residents, and fellows. The goal of our educational mission is to provide the highest quality educational experience incorporating the latest evidence based knowledge and techniques.
- Allied Health Professional Students
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Education Calendar
- Harrell Library Surgery Quick Link
- Post-graduate Programs
- Residency/Fellowship Programs
- Simulation Development and Cognitive Science Center
- Student Surgical Society
- Surgery Education Organizational Chart
- Surgery Live
- Visiting Students
- Students, volunteers join together to ‘Kiss Hershey Back’ A group of first-year Penn State College of Medicine students led the eighth annual Kiss Hershey Back Derry Township cleanup day on Saturday, May 2.More...
- Strucko to serve as top financial officer for College of Medicine Eric Strucko has been named Penn State’s associate vice president for finance and business, and controller for Penn State College of Medicine. He will replace Wayne Zolko, who intends to retire June 30 after 31 years of service to Penn State, the College of Medicine and Penn State Hershey Medical Center.More...
- Harrisburg, Lancaster to be first stops for Penn State Coaches Caravan Penn State football coach James Franklin will be joined by five head coaches and eight assistant football coaches during the Penn State Coaches Caravan tour from May 5 to 21. The caravan’s first stops May 5 will be a lunchtime event at a hotel in the Best Western Premier in Harrisburg and an evening reception at the Marriott at Penn Square in Lancaster.More...
- The Medical Minute: How artificial tanning can lead to melanoma Young women may be up on the latest fashions and trends as they prepare for prom season. But what many don’t know is that the tan that looks oh-so-good with their dress may be the first step toward skin cancer. And cancer is not glamorous.More...