Department of Surgery Education
Committed to developing future leaders in surgery, the faculty within the Department of Surgery promote a broad spectrum of educational programs that support the development and training of students, residents, and fellows. The goal of our educational mission is to provide the highest quality educational experience incorporating the latest evidence based knowledge and techniques.
- Allied Health Professional Students
- Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- Education Calendar
- Harrell Library Surgery Quick Link
- Post-graduate Programs
- Residency/Fellowship Programs
- Simulation Development and Cognitive Science Center
- Student Surgical Society
- Surgery Education Organizational Chart
- Surgery Live
- Visiting Students
- This week is Inflammatory Bowel Disease Awareness Week Dec. 1-7 is National Crohn’s and Colitis Awareness Week. The Penn State Hershey Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center is the only multi-disciplinary program in the region for patients living with these diseases.More...
- Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State The next Research Quality Assurance Lunchtime Lecture is “Progress in Personalized Medicine at Penn State.” It will be presented by James R. Broach, professor and chair, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, director, Penn State Hershey Institute for Personalized Medicine.More...
- Radiology education professor Flemming to present as distinguished educator A Conversation with Distinguished Educators will be held at 5:30 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, in C4702 (Physiology Conference Room) on the Penn State College of Medicine campus. Dr. Donald Flemming, G. Victor Rohrer Professor of Radiology Education and vice chair for education, will present “The Challenges of Defining and Assessing Competency.”More...
- Clinical and Translational Science Institute meeting set for Jan. 8 Penn State Clinical and Translational Science Institute (CTSI) will hold its annual one-day meeting to promote cutting edge, multidisciplinary research Jan. 8 at the Nittany Lion Inn, State College. To stimulate cross-campus collaborations, an internal funding opportunity will be announced at the event.More...