Penn State Hershey Clinical Trials Office
Our mission is to enhance, foster, and promote organized high quality clinical research within Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine. By promoting clinical research, the Clinical Trials Office will help Penn State Hershey Medical Center to meet its mission goals of excellence in patient care, education, research and community service. The Institution is committed to providing world-class patient care with innovative therapies to treat disease, to promote health and wellness, including the option for patient participation in clinical research. As an academic medical center, it is our responsibility to participate in research and make new discoveries to advance the art and science of medicine for future generations.
- Cancer Institute
- Emergency Medicine, Trauma and Critical Care
- General Internal Medicine
- Healthy Volunteers
- Lung Disease/Asthma
- Neuroscience Institute
- Sleep Research
- Women's Health
Protocol Submission and Review Process
An academic health center strives to balance the competing interests of industry, academic researchers, and the public in the development of drugs and devices leading to potential advancements in healthcare. At Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center (PSHMC), we have developed an integrated Research Support Team that is a critical component for streamlining the regulatory, contractual and financial aspects.
- Office of Technology Development (OTD)
- Human Subjects Protection Office (HSPO/IRB)
- Office of Research Affairs (ORA)
- Department Research Centers & Programs
- Research Development Office (RDO)
- Faculty Research Expertise Database (Profiles)
- Public Health Sciences - Data Management, Biostatistics, Research Computing
The Clinical Trials Office (CTO) is the institutional office that provides administrative support to research staff for non-oncology industry sponsored clinical trials at the Penn State College of Medicine. All industry sponsored clinical protocols should be reviewed by the CTO for institutional and financial feasibility. The office also assists investigators with budget development for grant applications.
If you are inquiring about a cancer clinical trial, please call the Penn State Hershey Cancer Institute Clinical Trials Office at 717-531-5471.
- 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- Support Services Building, Room 200 (Building located behind the BMR. Office is on the 2nd floor.)
Penn State Clinical Trials Office
Penn State College of Medicine
500 University Drive, MC: H052, SSB Room 200
Hershey, PA 17033
Phone Number: 717-531-3779
Toll free phone number: 1-866-905-1872
For suggestions or comments about the Penn State Clinical Trials website, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Study to focus on obese women with unexplained infertility Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center’s Dr. Richard Legro, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, is researching the effects of lifestyle modifications in obese women with unexplained infertility. Volunteers are needed for this study.More...
- Penn State Health St. Joseph to celebrate Penn State affiliation with tailgate Penn State Health St. Joseph will celebrate its affiliation with Penn State with a tailgate Oct. 17 at its Bern Township campus. The event will feature free flu shots, the Nittany Lion mascot, games, music, and Berkey Creamery ice cream.More...
- Penn State Berks practical nursing program partners with Penn State Health For the first time, Penn State Berks and Penn State Health St. Joseph are partnering to provide practical nursing students with hands-on patient experience.More...
- The Medical Minute: The trick to finding allergy-safe Halloween treats Hershey bars, Snickers and Reese’s may be trick-or-treat night staples, but for children who have food allergies, these type of treats can be dangerous.More...