University Fitness Center - Athletic Fields Facilities
We would like to continue making our athletic fields available for the enjoyment of our many local athletes, but we need your help. Please use the fields with common sense and responsibility. If we work together, we will be able to continue to provide a quality facility for your enjoyment.
- Grills are permitted for use, but users must secure an approved fire extinguisher from the Department of Safety or the University Fitness Center. Open fires are strictly prohibited.
- Solicitation or distribution of promotional materials, except as expressly authorized by the Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, is prohibited.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted.
- Disorderly conduct and/or the use of profane or abusive language is prohibited.
- Destruction of property, or the removal or tampering with any vegetation is prohibited.
- Abuse and/or misuse of the Athletic Fields or equipment is prohibited (please see Field Use Guidelines)
- All trash and debris must be removed from the field and surrounding areas. Trash receptacles are provided.
- Children must be supervised at all times.
- Pets are not allowed on the premises.
Motor Vehicle and Parking Restrictions:
- The operation of licensed motor vehicles is restricted to roads and parking areas only.
- Vehicles may only park in designated areas. Users of the Soccer Field and the Softball Field must use Lot BCD. This lot can be accessed on weekdays after 4:00 PM via gate #4.
- Drivers must observe the campus speed limit of 25 MPH.
Field Use Guidelines:
Our Athletic Fields are heavily utilized. Overuse and abuse of the fields may result in safety hazards that could require the fields to be closed. Therefore, to maintain a quality playing field, it is important to exercise care in using the fields. We ask that the responsible officials (coaches, team managers, club officials, etc.) of the organizations using our fields carefully follow the guidelines listed below.
- Utilize areas immediately adjacent to the prime playing areas whenever possible. Help preserve our fields by moving drills and other training procedures away from the most heavily utilized areas.
- If you find that a field is excessively wet due to inclement weather, please modify your schedules to give the field an adequate opportunity to recover. Intense activity under such conditions will only result in the rapid deterioration of the field.
- Softball bases are stored in the field lockbox. The key can be signed out via the Campus Security Command Post near the Emergency Room. At the end of your reservation, please be sure to remove and secure the bases in the lockbox and return the key to the Command Post.
- Discourage your athletes, as well as any spectating children, from abusing goal nets or any other field equipment.
Reserve a Field - Eligibility for use of Athletic Fields:
Groups directly affiliated with Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine:
- Group mainly consists of faculty, staff, and/or students
- May reserve the field on any available date and will be given priority when reserving the University Athletic Fields
Groups indirectly affiliated with Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center and Penn State College of Medicine:
- Derry Township community groups and groups with at least one Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center or Penn State College of Medicine faculty, staff, or student member
- May reserve the fields on individual days or for league or tournament play
- Must submit desired dates of play one month prior to the beginning of each season
- Indirectly affiliated groups will be allowed a maximum of one day per week for league or tournament play, assigned at the discretion of the Assistant Director, Support Services.
Groups with no affiliation to Penn State Milton S. Hershey Medical Center or Penn State College of Medicine:
- Are not permitted to reserve the University's athletic fields for events other than those designed as fundraisers directly benefiting the Penn State College of Medicine
Reservations of the Athletic Fields:
Organizations requesting the use of the University's athletic fields must submit a completed "University Indemnification Agreement". This form is distributed by the Assistant Director, Support Services, Gerise Bruzgulis. She can be contacted at 717-531-7075 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center reserves the right to cancel all athletic field reservations based on inclement weather and/or field conditions.
If a group that has reserved an athletic field for use fails to show up for two scheduled dates (for reasons other than inclement weather or field conditions), the Penn State Hershey University Fitness Center reserves the right to reschedule future bookings to another group.