The intention of this program is to introduce the basic model of mindfulness, and to explore ways of applying it both professionally and personally. This program is a first step on the path to integrating practical, mindfulness based stress reduction skills into your every day life. Program participants will engage in a range of mindfulness practices and exercises intended to tap their innate capacity to learn how to:
- increase mind-body awareness
- identify and reduce stress
- gain new coping skills to manage stress
- be more responsive and less reactive in the midst of complex, and highly charged situations
- affect and nurture deep states of relaxation and stress reduction
- increase concentration, focus, and clarity of thought through the daily practice of mindfulness
- bring attention to the habits of the mind
CLASS IS FULL: Please contact the UFC front desk at x7075 to be added to a wait list.
- May 1 - June 19
- 6:00 - 7:30 PM
Joshua David O'Brien, O.M.
Joshua is the principal of Meditation Science and the founder of the Mindfulness Community of Central Pennsylvania. Specializing in mindfulness-based interventions for chronic-pain management, stress reduction, and parenting challenges, he brings to his work almost 16 years of continuous personal practice in mindfulness and meditation disciplines.