Adult Volunteer Application
Thank you for submitting an application to volunteer your time, talent & services at Penn State Hershey Medical Center.
For all applicants
- You must be 18 years of age and out of high school to be consider an adult volunteer.
- Due to the financial impact incurred by the hospital for mandatory health screening and background checks, we are not able to accommodate short-term volunteer service.
- Volunteers need to be able to commit to a minimum of 100 hours over a minimum of six months time.
- After you've completed your application an email will be sent to the email address you provide in this form, containing the information you enter on your application.
- Please note the instructions below concerning orientation. These will also be available via PDF file immediately after completing and submitting this form. You will not hear directly from the Volunteer Office.
All orientations at held at Penn State Hershey Medical Center. When you enter the Main / Front Entrance of the hospital a volunteer will be there to greet you and register you for orientation.
- Daytime Orientation: Please arrive at 8:15 a.m. to register, as orientation will begin at 8:30 a.m. Orientation will last approximately two hours.
- Evening Orientation: Please arrive at 5:45 p.m. to register, as orientation will begin at 6:00 p.m. Orientation will last approximately two hours.
For Orientation please park in either:
- South Parking Garage - any space that is not reserved; or
- Centerview Parking Garage - any floor is fine.
We look forward to meeting you soon!
Please note: If any of the following applies to you, you do not need to submit an application, please contact our office at 717-531-8278 or 717-531-6310.
- Served as a volunteer at Hershey Medical Center in the past.
- If you recently submitted an application and wish to make a change to any of the information.
- If you ever submitted an application but were unable to attend orientation.
Please note: Mandatory background checks, child abuse clearance, and fingerprinting is required for all volunteer services. Instructions and the required forms will be provided at orientation. There will be no cost to Volunteers for this service.